2018 Pre-Season Training & Practice Matches
After an outstanding five week block of training leading into Xmas, and a 6 week individual program to be followed during the Xmas & New Year Festive Period, it is time to get back into the challenge of preparing as a group for the 2018 season.
We trust all had a well-deserved relaxing and enjoyable break.
We would like to officially invite all players and support staff to the first night of training as we ramp up our intensity in preparation for the very challenging Rd 1 engagement against Peninsula at Peninsula to be played on Saturday 7th of April.
Details of training
- Wednesday January 31st (First night back)
- 6:15pm sharp
- Chelsworth Park
- We will conduct a 2km time trial first night back.
- We will train each Monday and Wednesday after resumption until further notice.
- We will continue to conduct 9:00am Saturday morning optional sessions at Chelsworth Park.
- We have a 5 week block of training leading into the Lorne Camp.
- Coaches & players Planning & Goal Setting session. (Saturday February 24th – morning)
- Lorne Camp – (2nd – 4th March – Friday night, Saturday & Sunday morning)
- We will be playing Lorne FC in reserves and senior practice matches on the Saturday morning of the camp.
- We will have a weekend off for the Labour Day Holiday (10th -12th of March)
- Practice matches V Banyule FC @ Mernda – (Saturday 17th of March)
- Practice Matches V Old Camberwell @ Mernda – (Saturday 24th of March)
- Easter Weekend off – (Friday April 30th – Monday 2nd April)
- Rd 1 – Peninsula @ Peninsula (Saturday April 7th)
Please diarise the above details.
As you can see, we have a hectic preparation leading into Rd 1. We cannot waste one minute. Set yourself to be at your best both mentally and physically by attending all sessions, by being alert and by training at the high standards you have set so far.
We don’t train hard to be a great side on the training track – we train to be the best, most ruthlessly competitive side we can be in games. “ARE YOU UP FOR IT?”
We are looking forward to seeing everyone back on board on Wednesday 31st January.